The First Sentence of All Entries Never Posted
Edition June 2014 to May 2017
1) A Day in My Life
June 3rd 2014
I (once again go with the flow) cross state lines to meet Carrick, relax at home, and even cook.
2) I bolted out of bed at 7:30 thinking I had lost my ID.
3) I have so much fun with Andrew.
4) Today I come back from lunch and Rebecca's on a personal call (I assume) on our phone, "BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO THIS. YOU ALWAYS LET ME DOWN. IT'S DISAPPOINTMENT AFTER DISAPPOINTMENT!" She slams the receiver down.
5) [Subject: She wanted to live in the city, a nightmare] I laid on top of Mark (enough, right?), I rolled over, and pulled him on top of me.
6) "Beautiful, baby, don't hurt 'em!" A man said to me on the street.
7) Ay que lindo y calmao ese perrito tan lindo
8) I love quitting.
9) [Subject: Nail Clipping and Dread Spreading] I was so excited about finally dumping my regular nail salon and switching to its main competitor, and when I got there, it was closed down!
10) I've wanted to do a live-blogging post for so long but
11) [Subject: My day in purchases -- Easter edition] This is what it's like when I'm not supposed to spend much money.
12) Remarks about today:
*I sneezed a lot, and every time I sneezed someone said, "Bless you", even if they were disgusted by me and moved away.
13) I was also told, twice in the same week, by dear coworkers, at my old job, that I was unapproachable and hard to talk to, even about things that were work-related, because my stance was that I was always right. [The rest of this paragraph is worth including: Um. Yeah. Well.]
14) The important distinction is that we both have said we at some recent point realized, "It's me."
15) Working in a hospital is kind of like surfing WebMD.
16) [Subject: 100 Interesting Questions to Ask People Around You]
Really there were only 50 (?)
17) I failed flirty cold.
18) Folks were jolted out of bed by the roaring thunder
19) [Subject: Most talkative interactions today]
(Not that I pushed for any of it) (well a little bit).
20) Sunday wasted waiting for/being with the repairman, which I resent an irrational amount because I don't own this house, but there was a water stain on the ceiling.
21) I'd felt a kind of disappointment that he hadn't been at the patio again.
22) "I wish I remembered what we played," my brother and I, in the waves.
23) 1) Why did you start blogging?
An old friend signed me up for it.
24) 25 randomly selected sentences (none skipped) from my diary:
1. Having to tell RyRy who I'd come w/.
25) "My impression of her," said mommy about the woman sitting across from us on the train, "Is that she is on the toilet with her pants down," I threw my head back and laughed.
26) A rain of Cheerios fell on the man who offered his seat to a toddler-wearing mom on the train (she declined).
27) [Subject: Le Machine, or, Conversation with my brother, today [+ commentary & explanations]]
L: Hello... My old Viber got deleted... Testing sound
28) [Subject: A Story for Josie] It all started at 4:25, when Noel sent me to Dr. E and patient A.
29) 'Meanness! [That's what she calls me.] You deserve an Oscar!!!'
30) 1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Every breath was new, but also I got an iPhone 6.
31) I want it to be like a game show.
32) Gigi had a cockroach in a brown bag, SILENCE, she wrote on it, Metamorphosis in place.
33) "Lies!" I said about the text Noel finally got from the guy he met last week, with whom he exchanged an unspecified amount of texts.
34) I was watching some "documentary" on carnival in Brazil last night that was so soothing, almost as soothing as the hot shower that awaited me, or the yoga I wasn't doing, then.
35) I'm a scent whore.
36) [Subject: My colleagues, and my relationship with them]
(in alphabetical order)
Anthony: I can't stand him.
37) It's like fucking sitting at the DMV
38) It was one of the extra credit words: cough (noun and/or command).
39) [Subject: My plants]
The oxalis are thriving!
40) A white spot flew in circles high up in the sky.
41) You know what I was thinking about the other night, of Unchained Melody?
42) Don't know a deduction from a dependent?
Here to answer all your dumb tax questions.
43) I do not shop online not only because I need to see, touch, possibly smell, and just be around the molecules of anything that may be a part of my life, from men to shoes, before I actually commit to perpetuate its existence through my phone and the Internet, but also because I live in the ghetto and they simply do not deliver stuff.
44) The cutest thing I've seen today, and that is exactly what I thought, 'That is the cutest thing I've seen today': a baby girl's foot in a clear plastic sandal, silver specks sparkling inside the plastic.
45) Leonardo how's your Arabic? [--Daddy]
Pretty basic. [--Leo]
46) We love and hate Dr. Cosso.
47) 1. Is there something odd you covet, like paper clips or rubber bands?
48) Noel and I are in love with Giga.
49) I just actually pulled a, "Can we talk outside for a minute?" (In front of patients.)
50) I've been cleaning out my iTunes.
Yoke [That was just a likely abbreviated list of words which translation I can never remember in Spanish, and
I dare wonder if they're sinking in for if I ever need to take an Alzheimer's test myself!]
52) My friend says I am Grumpy Cat.
53) (I know you love my
54) Step wants to go on a tropical vacation.
55) The people you see: a man with an eye patch and a cap that says Piano Technicians Guild.
56) Enthralled by a book, the fountain sounding like a waterfall, and a light mist spraying my skin, cuz of the wind, the breeze, I wished vibrations from my phone away, but I had to keep it on my lap (work).
57) I was reading some political satire today and I laughed so
hard when I misinterpreted something.
58) By some law of karmic citizenship, my phone rang as I exited the polls.
59) FYI, starting early next year, New York State law
60) 'Pride is a sin,' I preached simply to my friend, regarding the fighting with her husband and what's new.
61) Amelia [this was a list of everyone I have a selfie with]
62) 1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car):
63) So the salegirl at Target pretty much ruined Space Odyssey for me.
64) [Subject: My pictureless shelfie]
I'm loyal to very few products, so I will spare you the pictures of the lotions and potions that clutter my shelves, and that mostly just sit there. [This was pre-Marie Kondo.]
65) "Have I told you about my crazy aunt?" Is how I start the story to my friends, "She lives in Syracuse."
66) "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you said," said my Siri guy.
67) "You're back!" I said to the server at the cafeteria.
68) I'm slightly amused by how lucid the wackiest of patients are when the doctor is not paying attention to us.
69) "I can't believe you're going to be-- busting up thug life."
70) "I did go to therapy,"
"You have to go continuously."
71) Hi, I'm waiting for the fucking bus.
72) The doctor said he brought me in to negotiate.